Scanwel has expanded our range of HOPG considerably and now offers four HOPG types (ZYA, ZYB, ZYD, ZYH). These different grades differ in terms of their mosaic spread and are available in a variety of sizes up to 50x50mm. Both double-sided (DS) and single-sided (SS) HOPG pieces can be ordered.
Magnetic measurements in high external magnetic fields demand corresponding coercivity value of MFM tip and stability of its magnetization distribution during imaging. Obviously, applying magnetic field higher than coercivity leads to unavoidable magnetization reversal of magnetic tip and corresponding distortion of magnetic image.
Typical magnetic tips with CoCr coating usually demonstrate coercivity about 200Oe in vertical (Z) direction and 800Oe in horizontal (X or Y) direction perpendicular to the tip axis.
Novel magnetic tips based on Co high coercivity alloy (MFM_HC) posses essentially higher values – 500-800Oe in vertical direction and more than 2kOe in horizontal direction. Therefore new MFM_HC tips open new possibilities in magnetic measurements in high external magnetic fields.
You can find the specification and price information using by clicking HERE
ETALON is a new series of excellent composite AFM probes. In terms of quality-to-price ratio, it has no analogues in the world market.
New NT-MDT technology of combines all critical advantages in one chip:
• Sharp tip (curvature radius about 10 nm)
• Resonance frequency, specified with high accuracy (±4%)
• Special chip geometry for convenient operating
• High aspect ratio tip
• Enhanced back-side reflection of the cantilever
Highly Specified Resonance Frequency
The ETALON Series probes consist of a polysilicon lever with a pedestal and monocrystal silicon tip. Precision technology for polysilicon deposition guarantees the lever thickness control. A special frequency stabilizer is designed to make the dispersion of the resonant frequency and force constant smaller (due to the lever length control). Thanks to the above mentioned facts, the ETALON probes are characterized by highly reproducible parameters:
• Typical dispersion of the lever thickness: ±0.07 µm
• Typical dispersion of the lever length: ±2 µm
• Typical dispersion of the probe resonant frequency: ±4%
• Typical dispersion of the force constant: ±20%.
Example images from Etalon Probes
Many of the images in NT-MDT’s annual ProImage contest and company calendar were taken with ETALON series probes
Due to a thinner magnetic coating layer, Low Moment Magnetic tips MFM_LM enable imaging of low coercitivity magnetic samples, such as iron garnet films with coercitivity of about 20 Oe. Using standard MFM tips leads to perturbation of the magnetic domain pattern and the tip induced local magnetisation reversal of the sample. Low moment MFM tips with reduced magnetic stray fields significantly reduce magnetisation reversal during imaging and improve quality of the MFM results. Special protective layers help to avoid oxidation and increase the cantilever lifetime substantially. The sharp silicon tip facilitates magnetic resolution in the range 20–30 nm.
This year we have started to produce a new standard sample, Biological Sample BS01. This contains DNA and bacteriophages on the mica. Using the sample it is easy to gain experience of working with AFM on biological samples. Since the object sizes are very small, with the help of the sample BS01 it is possible to check AFM Z-resolution and estimate a tip curvature radius.
Scanwel is pleased to offer you new way to purchase AFM probes. For convenience of our customers we have launched new box-sets which include several probes series for research of different samples with various AFM modes
UNISETs are the perfect way to try out several different kinds of NT-MDT probes to determine if they are suitable for your needs without the need to purchase a whole box
Advanced UNISET/50 consists of:
• 10 probes for noncontact/semicontact modes (NSG10)
• 10 probes for force modulation mode (FMG01)
• 10 probes for contact mode (CSG10)
• 5 probes for EFM, SCM, SKM (NSG01/TiN)
• 5 probes for SRM (CSG10/Pt)
• 5 probes with stable and nondestructive diamond like conductive coating for LAO lithography and other conductive modes (DCP11)
• 5 probes with high resolution long lifetime magnetic coating for MFM (MFM01)
UNISET/25 consists of: • 5 probes for noncontact/semicontact modes (NSG30)
• 5 probes for contact modes (CSG10)
• 5 probes for PFM (FMG01/Pt)
• 5 probes for SRM (CSG10/Au)
• 5 for EFM, SCM, SKM (NSG10/TiN)