ETALON is a new series of excellent composite AFM probes. In terms of quality-to-price ratio, it has no analogues in the world market.
New NT-MDT technology of combines all critical advantages in one chip:
• Sharp tip (curvature radius about 10 nm)
• Resonance frequency, specified with high accuracy (±4%)
• Special chip geometry for convenient operating
• High aspect ratio tip
• Enhanced back-side reflection of the cantilever
Highly Specified Resonance Frequency
The ETALON Series probes consist of a polysilicon lever with a pedestal and monocrystal silicon tip. Precision technology for polysilicon deposition guarantees the lever thickness control. A special frequency stabilizer is designed to make the dispersion of the resonant frequency and force constant smaller (due to the lever length control). Thanks to the above mentioned facts, the ETALON probes are characterized by highly reproducible parameters:
• Typical dispersion of the lever thickness: ±0.07 µm
• Typical dispersion of the lever length: ±2 µm
• Typical dispersion of the probe resonant frequency: ±4%
• Typical dispersion of the force constant: ±20%.
Example images from Etalon Probes